We have reorganized the delivery of our services due to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency to ensure the safety of our patients and our providers are upheld.
- We are now providing care with the initial physician assessment being telephone-based any in-person visits provided on an appointment basis in compliance with social distancing recommendations.
- Required in person visits are provided in a safe environment with appropriate protective equipment for our health care workers and controlled physical distancing between patients.
- Our clinic is cleaned between every patient visit using cleaning protocols set out by Public Health.
- If you have a Barrie family physician, your previous medical records, active prescriptions and medical history will be available to our physicians
- If you require a phone assessment you will be able to receive one with us, no need to start over with another clinic. The record of your phone assessment will be available to the physician providing the physical assessment.
Call (705) 722-1199
Monday to Friday 8:00am to 7:00pm
Saturday/Sunday/Holidays 9:00am to 3pm
Submit an online request for call back here. Request for Physician Phone Assessment.
If you are experiencing any of the following symptoms please go directly to your nearest Emergency Department
-You are having extreme difficulty breathing or severe abdominal (belly) or severe chest pain;
-You are having a severe allergic reaction and feel your throat closing;
-You are having severe emotional distress and/or hallucinations.
Please note that we are unable to test for Covid-19/coronavirus. Our physicians are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. If you have any related symptoms, including cough, fever, shortness of breath, sore throat or vomiting/diarrhea, you will need to be seen at the COVID Assessment Centre located at 490 Huronia Rd. Their hours are 8:00 am – 8:00 pm 7 days a week, but may close earlier due to high volumes. If you are having severe symptoms, you should go to your nearest emergency dept. You are also able to call either Telehealth Ontario at 1-866-797-0000 or the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit at 705-721-7520 x 8809
How does it work?
Patients will b registered by a receptionist to receive a phone call from a physician for a telephone assessment. At the physician’s discretion, if an in-person assessment is required, you will be given an arrival time to see a physician the following day at our Prince William location. You will need to call the clinic during the following hours or submit an online request for a call back Request for Physician Phone Assessment . We may be required to close the phone lines early due to volumes. Our number is (705) 722-1199.
How should I prepare for the call?
To avoid delays and long wait times, please ensure you have the following ready for you or the patient:
1) health card is ready
2) you have taken your temperature
3) you have taken your blood pressure (if applicable)
4) you have a list of your allergies
5) your child’s weight
6) a list of your current medications AND
7) you are available to receive a call back.
I’ve been provided an arrival time, what do I do when I arrive?
The assessment will be at our Prince William Walk in clinic location (829 Big Bay Point Road, Shoppers Drug Mart Plaza, Big Bay & Prince William). Arrive no more than five minutes early to the assessment.
When you arrive, the door will be locked, approach the entrance and have your health card/ID ready for verification. Do not bring anyone with you unless required for mobility or parental reasons. There may be a wait for your assessment, if there is a line up outside the door, ensure you maintain 6 feet from those around you. Please be patient. If you arrive late, we cannot guarantee that you will be seen.